End Tyranny Now
Call your Senators
(phone numbers are all valid)
Specifically – even if not in your state who voted against the REPEAL of the ACA:
McCain of Arizona – 202-224-2235
Collins of Maine – 202-224-2523
Murkowski of Alaska – 202-224-6665
Portman of Ohio – 202-224-3353 (phone number doesn’t leave a chance to leave a message) https://www.portman.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact?p=contact-form
Capito of West Virginia – 202-224-6472
Alexander of Tennessee – 202-224-4944 – Actually talked to a staffer.
Below is my 9 point script to end the GOP tax cut. Write your own script or follow scripts from https://www.trumptaxscam.org/republican-call-script-to-stop-the-trump-tax-scam
Also consider sending this list via fax to the senators listed above. Feel free to re-word and /or draft your own points to defeat this GOP Tax Scam in the Senate. See link – https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php
- A tax cut mainly benefiting the wealthy and claiming that “trickle-down” economics works to grow the economy has historically failed –it succeeds in fueling the economy for the rich but not for everyone and represents a switch from democracy to a total plutocracy where corporations rule and the middle class are more on their way to be serfs and slaves. This tax cut is unacceptable. Let’s not mention the destruction of the ACA as part of this plan just yet – also unacceptable.
- Those making between $10,000 and $75,000 per year will have to pay more taxes and by 2025 those making over $75,000 (up to the top 2% in income) even those tax cuts will be gone. Tax cuts to corporations will be permanent. (Most large corporations don’t pay taxes now because they store their money in offshore accounts.)
- When trickle-down doesn’t stimulate the economy many Democrats warn that Social Security and Medicare will be cut. This is unacceptable
- How are these tax cuts for the wealthy, and increase in Defense Spending effecting the deficit? In the past many GOP were concerned about lowering the deficit. Now that is off the agenda. Corporations and people like the Kochs will be in a position to buy America at the expense of everyone except the top 1%, is that what you want as a representative of your constituency? By continuing to increase the deficit more control will go to corporations enslaving the middle class and poor. (The Kochs have a bid in to buy Time Inc. which includes Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Forbes and many more).
- I am deeply concerned that our democracy is vanishing. That your acceptance of moneys from people like the Kochs representing large corporations makes you beholding to them and not your constituency. Democrats also are guilty of this practice as well. The founding fathers did not mean for democracy to be corrupted in this way.
- 35% of corporations are owned by foreign investors meaning that over the next ten years 700 billion in taxes will be lost to them. http://oppositionreport.com/nobel-prize-winning-economist-says-trump-tax-plan-gives-700-billion-to-foreign-investors-report/#
- Sneaking measures into the tax plan that defy our founding fathers to separate church and state is unconscionable.
- Tying the elimination of the ACA to this tax cut plan is the most pernicious act of all considering that your constituency has repeatedly spoken against eliminating the ACA,
- Are you to be remembered for KILLING DEMOCRACY in favor of a world Totalitarian Order based on Corporate Power, Greed and the lust for Money?
BE A HERO – DEFEAT THIS TAX PLAN and YOU WILL BE KNOWN AS A SAVIOR OF DEMOCRACY.